We’re officially in “The Holiday Season”.
Whether you celebrate something, everything, or nothing at all, the holiday season is almost impossible to ignore.
Most people find themselves getting busy with big parties, travel, and small get-togethers. Even if it’s all good and fun and you love doing it, being busy can be a source of stress.
Others feel left out and lonely at this time, and that can be a real downer.
So rather than thinking of everything you want or have to do this season and trying to minimize the stress, or imagining all that you might miss out on and managing your disappointment, I have an idea for you.
Do this simple practice right now and set yourself up for less stress and more joy this holiday.
1. Make yourself comfortable.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Remember a time you felt really great. It doesn’t matter when it was, or what you were doing.
4. Sense how that feels in your body.
5. Say a few words to describe how that feels.
6. Notice how you feel about yourself.
7. Imagine every cell in your body filling up with the vibration of these thoughts and feelings.
8. Open your eyes.
9. Write down how you felt physically and how you felt about yourself.
10. From now until the end of the year, start each day remembering how it felt to be this version of you. Let yourself feel it again.
Say Yes more often to the things that help you feel this way.
Say No more often to the things that make it harder to feel this way.
Fill yourself with the best of you this season, and let that guide your way.
Changing the way you do things is hard. I recommend you share this with a friend who wants more joy this season and support each other to make choices that fulfill you.